Tuesday, August 23, 2005

3G zerg FTW

my new phone is the coolest shit EVAR!

the dang thing has 12 TV channels (at about 640x480 resolution,) FM radio, straight-up internet access, takes crystal-clear photos up to 2.0 megapixels and 1600x1200, decent video, infrared tech that allows me to charge all JR train fares in the country directly to my phone bill, built in text scanner, pen light in multiple colors, schedules and spreadsheets, light pen compatibility, and I can even play DOOM and BUBBLE BOBBLE in all their VGA glory! memory cards, personalised tamagotchi pets (which automatically interact with other handset pets on the train) and a boxing game that allows me to stick my boss' face on the opponent and beat the shit out of him (or infact the random faces of other people's bosses in my immediate vicinity.) its also motion-sensitive, so no more pressing of keys - just tilt the handset to the left and the cursor moves that way. awesome. plays mp3s and i-tunes files, memory cards and digital video input/output to download movies into it to watch while commuting, full video conferencing support, and language translation software (hilariously dodgy of course.)

if only i could play warcraft on it. /sigh

. . .

tonight a punch-up in a ramen bar. odd. recent recommendations: orhan pamuk "istanbul"; the ESX-1; Awamori; zombies; zazen; sunnO))).

1 comment:

Bewildebeast said...

Yes, well, that's all terribly impressive but with my phone I can actually talk to someone no matter where they are as long as they have access to another phone! Also it comes in stylish factory-grey and is as light to carry as a bucket of power drills (only, more difficult).

The way of the future, my friend. The way of the future.